Cantilever Rack systems are designed to manage loads of varying length and proportion. They can be completely accessible from the front without any of the horizontal restrictions of traditional pallet rack. Without front column obstruction, the entire length of the rack may be used for storage. For added flexibility, loads of differing lengths may be stored on the same rack and even at the same level.
Cantilever Type Industrial Racks used in Industrial Storage Systems consist of vertical columns, bases, arms and some sort of horizontal or cross/X bracing. These braces are used to connect two or columns together. Cantilevers are constructed of either roll form Steel or Structural Steel with Structural Types having the greatest capacity. These Racks are the ideal solution to storing long and non-uniform loads that do not fit well in Standard Selective Type Pallet Racks.
With no front column in the way, cantilever racks are faster to load and unload, lowering handling time and costs.
- More flexible: Loads may be placed anywhere along the entire length of a row on a cantilever rack.
- More compact: The lack of a front column saves horizontal space normally lost to rack structure. Handling clearance is also more abundant.
- More selective: Any load or storage slot is immediately accessible.
- More economical: Both reduced handling times and increased space utilization make cantilever racks more cost-efficient. Additionally, cantilever racks become more economical as load length increases, while standard pallet racks increase in costs.
- More adaptable: Cantilever racks can store nearly any type of load. They are especially useful for storing long, bulky, or oddly-shaped loads.
Custom Built Cantilever Storage Systems
Cantilever Racks are commonly found in Lumber Yards, Home Improvement Centers or Woodworking Shops to store lumber, siding and plywood sheets. They also are used by Plumbing Supplies and Pipe yards to store PVC, steel pipe or in the Oil Sector for Drill Pipe. By design, the open concept and ability to store just about any length makes Cantilever very desirable and best option for the products listed above. Unlike Traditional Selective Rack that are engineered to “free stand”, Cantilevers must be properly Installed and anchored to be 100% safe and effective.
Our custom-built Cantilever racks are designed and engineered to meet your storage needs. All our custom-built systems are stamped and approved by a state certified structural engineer.